Oct 14, 2012
“We’re Revolting” pop-up installation opens at Creatures of Comfort this Saturday, Oct. 20!
I’m still pinching myself that these amazing artists and designers were willing to be involved, and to create one-of-a-kind and exclusive pieces. It’s caused some serious soul-searching, as someone who spends a lot of time looking at images, how intense and satisfying it is to touch these dimensional objects, the weight of things and how they fit in your hand, and how incredibly made they are: each one a little lifetime, of beating hearts and scrutiny and utter gorgeous perfection. Come check out the show.
OPENING RECEPTION: 5-8 p.m., Oct. 20
WHERE: Creatures of Comfort LA, 7971 Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles, CA
WHEN: October 20 to November 10, 2012.
- Jack Craig // Broken board tables
- Jonathan Cross // Geodesic salt- and soda-fired pottery
- Ilana Kohn // Marbled silk shawls and scarves
- Kirsten Perry // Oddball lockets
- Julie Hung // Stackable ceramic bangles
- David Neale // Handmade combs and bracelets
- Haruhi Okubo // Freeform tapestry pieces
- Doug Johnston // Coiled rope hanging lights and sculptural baskets
- Mimi Jung // Pom pom eyeballs and weavings
- Morie Nishimura // Brass folding mirrors
- Joanna Williams // Loopy, textured rugs
- Brent Paul Pearson // Kaleidoscope glasses
- Elyse Graham // Dipped resin geodes
(With sticker sheet illustrated by the multi-talented Building Block, of one piece by every artist.)